Oyster Inn, NZ


Images from here & here

Isn't this seaside hotel pretty? I recently read an article on The Oyster Inn and fell in love with its understated yet elegant design. This part hotel, part restaurant is situated on Waiheke Island, a short 35minute hop from Auckland. The guestrooms (only 3 rooms) are designed based on the classic Kiwi 'bach', a vernacular beach house that New Zealanders grew up with.  Keeping the aesthetics simple and warm - each room comes with king-sized beds, merino wool blankets, waffle cotton bathrobes and AESOP bathroom amenities. One of the cutest things on offer is the pickup from the ferry pier by the hotel's yellow vintage VW Kombi. A lovely little place for a quick escape from city life. Something I really need after an intense week at work (hence the infrequent updates on the blog), I'm so glad the weekend is near. You can find out more about the hotel on their website.



11 comments:

Travel Gourmande said...

Wow! This is the perfect place to unwind and relax one full weekend :) I like how bright and airy it is. Have a great one, Jo!

aki! said...

This is so cute! It feels like it would be a fantastically rejuvenating place to stay.

trishie said...

That looks gorgeous. Love the clean minimalist look and white walls.

NJ said...

this place totally looks like somewhere I would want to visit when in NZ sometime later in this year! Thanks for sharing it.

And to answer your question that cafe you were asking about on my blog was a random cafe I passed by walking along the streets in Singapore. Thus don't have the name with me. If I ever retrieved any related info i'll be sure to update!

so glad to find your blog! bookmarked! Sydney's sky's beautiful <3 so are your photos

Fleur said...

oh my, it looks so cute! I really want to stay there!!!!
lovely blog :)
xx

Anonymous said...

Jo,

oh my gosh, this looks so dreamy; I'd love to visit! It seems like a great place to escape to.


d a n i e l l e | daniellewu.com
Giveaway: win a shopping spree to FirmooGlasses!

Isabella said...

the camper van is so cuuute! love your blog!

fern said...

Lovely! I love the yellow colors on their decor :) Fits so well with the seaside atmosphere!

Shoko said...

looks gorgeous! now all i need is a plane ticket... :)

Unknown said...

Wow, it's so white but I love the little pops of yellow!

rooth said...

What a terribly cute and cheery place

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...