Chilli Jam -ing with friends


Met up with seven high school mates last weekend for a birthday celebration at Chilli Jam, a Thai restaurant. But I have to say the food wasn't very good and the service was lacking. Though it could be Thai Pothong (my favourite Thai restaurant) has set the benchmark too high.

The night turned out to be an interesting one as two of the girls brought their boyfriends along to "meet" the gang. They fed their boys to the bunch of vultures, whom bombarded them with questions (background checks) and voiced out thinly-veiled threats on treating their girlfriends right etc. We might have terrified one as he kept glancing at his watch and managed to make an early escape. The other might have been perspiring quite a bit.

As I looked around the table, I realised we are now 'grown-ups'. Each of us have successfully found jobs in our respective majors (it's amazing that none of us work in the same field) and all working hard to achieve personal goals. A few, 2, are even thinking about marriage, which honestly scares the bejesus out of me.
But it's astonishing that I have known these girls for such a long time.
I hope our friendship stays strong, no matter where our paths might lead us.
I love you girls, or should I say, ladies? :)


Chilli Jam
104 Majors bay Road, Concord
NSW 2137
Tel: (02) 9743 3400

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...